DIFFЯNT is an art agency where customers can purchase artwork, event tickets and artwork services directly from us or from the visual artists we represent. We pride ourselves on working with some of the best emerging artists in London who take care in creating artwork and ensuring customers have a positive experience. Below you find more information on your rights as a buyer and what is expected.
1. The artists we represent and our involvement
We provide a platform for customers and art enthusiasts to discover emerging visual artists. When purchasing artwork from our online marketplace or bespoke artwork service, understand that;
- You are not buying from DIFFЯNT, but directly from the artist
- Besides there being a two day grace period for refunds each artist has their own processing time, delivery methods and shop policies
- You assume responsibility if you provide your own materials for the bespoke artwork services.
2. Purchasing items on DIFFЯNT
When you buy from the online marketplace or the bespoke artwork service, you’re supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, policies, processing times and payment systems. By making a purchase, you agree that you have:
- Read the item description and artist policies before making a purchase;
- Submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Provided accurate delivery information to the seller.
3. Leaving Feedback
Reviewing an item is a great way for customers to give their opinions on the item and delivery process. It also helps artists build a reputation and a relationship with customers.
You can leave feedback on an artist’s shop front, by:
- Providing them with a rating from ½ star to 5 stars.
- Leaving your name and email address
- Feedback Summary (a short title or sentence) and your overall feedback
Once you are finished click submit and your review will be sent to the buyer to approve.
Reviews are very important to us and if there is a review under 3 stars the artists will reach out to the customer to understand how the experience could have been improved. All reviews will be posted regardless of rating.
By leaving feedback, you acknowledge that you must not write anything that may contain:
- Private information, such as communication sent between you, the artists or DIFFЯNT;
- Obscene, racist, sexist, discriminatory, offensive or harassing language;
- Advertising or spam;
- Information outside the artist control, such as a delivery carrier, DIFFЯNT, or a third party;
- Threats or extortion;
- Information that falsely inflates a shop’s review score; or
- Information that undermines the integrity of the Reviews system.
4. Creating an Account
To create or access your account, click on the person icon in the top right-hand corner.
To create an account, you will need to provide your first and last name, an email and password. To log into your account, enter your email and password.
5. Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
If you are experiencing a problem with an order or with returning an item please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that as a buyer you have a two-day grace period in which you can return your item. After this period the item is non-refundable. The item can only be returned if the item is damaged.
There are a number of cases in which an item can be refunded, which are listed below:
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was dispatched to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on DIFFЯNT.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different colour, model, version or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or not in a new condition.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
6. Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel within the first two days or purchasing the item.
7. Returning an Item
Each seller has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined on their shop front page. It is important to remember know not all sellers accept returns.