At DIFFЯNT we believe in protecting the privacy of those using our website. We are transparent on how we use the data collected, how long it is stored and what it is used for. As we are based in London, United Kingdom we are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. Who are we
DIFFЯNT LTD is a social enterprise art agency based in London
Our registered office address is at 65A Huntingdon Street, Islington, London, United Kingdom. Our company registration number is XXXXXXXX.
DIFFЯNT LTD is the data controller.
2. What data we collect
We may collect data when you interact with us in person, by phone, social media, our website, or mobile phone applications.
We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected, we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and DIFFЯNT.
3. Why & when do we collect the data
We collect and use personal data to perform direct marketing and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company. We collect your personal data so we can reply to your enquiries.
We collect your data when you:
- Create a user account.
- Sign up to our newsletter.
- Book tickets to attend our events.
- Initiate contact through email, chat, contact form, telephone call or other means of direct communication.
4. What do we use your personal data for?
We may use your information to:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent. You can unsubscribe from these communications by clicking the unsubscribe link in sent emails.
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent. You can unsubscribe from these communications by clicking unsubscribe link in sent emails.
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls). This is a legitimate interest and therefore doesn’t need consent.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages). This is a legitimate interest and therefore doesn’t need consent.
- Process a job application.
5. What type of personal data is collected?
We collect names, phone numbers, titles, city of interest, music genre interest and email addresses. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites, we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
If you upload photos or videos, add posts or comments, etc. publicly on our website, the information can be read by anyone with access to the site and used for purposes over which we or you have no control. Therefore, DIFFЯNT is not responsible for any information you submit to the website.
If you apply for a job at DIFFЯNT, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
DIFFЯNT does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
7. Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that DIFFЯNT h holds about you.
- The right to request that DIFFЯNT corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for DIFFЯNT to retain such data.
- You can send queries for above rights to email@example.com.
- If have subscribed up to our newsletter, you may update your profile by following the ‘Edit your preferences’ in the email footer.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive email marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to email marketing communications, please make use of the Unsubscribe link included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from us, such as system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your personal data and privacy rights should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, license, swap your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer email@example.com.
When someone visits our website, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
When you make a payment via our website, we use the third-party payment gateway PayPal to process standard payment information.
The information collected includes payment information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method. Different payment methods may require the collection of different categories of information.
9. Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority for a decision. The supervisory authorities can be contacted at:
United Kingdom – https://ico.org.uk/concerns/