DIFFЯNT is an art agency that connects visual artists to art enthusiasts and buyers. In terms of artists selling their work, this connection is done through the online marketplace and the bespoke artwork service. We want to make sure both you and buyer have a positive experience and in doing so builds your reputation and sales.
1. What can be sold
Uniqueness, and quality are attributes we hold high and we want buyers to see and purchase items that reflect both these attributes and the artist’s tastes and identity. Currently the items that can be sold on this website include:
Artwork that is made or designed by the visual artists such as paintings, illustrations, prints, drawings, that come in the form of canvases, books, posters, and other mediums below the size of A0.
Bespoke artwork services
Artwork designed for a specific product (album cover, flyer etc.) and artwork applied to footwear and general clothing.
All artist will receive a guide for signing up and a contract outlining the responsibilities of the artist and DIFFЯNT.
If you are selling services, you agree that:
- All items are made or designed by you. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner on your relevant listings.
- You are using your own photographs – not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
If you are selling bespoke artwork services, you agree that:
- All items are available for purchase at a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customisation (like colour choices) included in the item description and it is clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
2. Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings Honestly
We value transparency and relationship building and that means both DIFFЯNT and you behave in a manner that is honest, accurate and represents yourself and your items.
By selling on DIFFЯNT, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your About section.
- Honour your Shop Policies.
- Accurately represent your items through description and photos.
- Respect everyone on the site. If you feel someone has violated you, you can report it to DIFFЯNT.
- Not engage in avoiding to pay the commission.
- Not create duplicate shops for the purpose of manipulating search.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
3. Communicating with Sellers and DIFFЯNT staff
All artists will provide the appropriate communication channels to ensure buyers can communication with artists. These communication channels can be an email, phone number or chatbot (once functionality available).
When communicating with sellers you must not:
- Send unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations or spam;
- Harass or abuse buyers, other artists or DIFFЯNT staff;
- Contact someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfere with a transaction or the business of another buyer, artist of DIFFЯNT staff.
Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
4. Creating and uploading content
As a member of DIFFЯNT, you have the opportunity to create and upload content such as, text and photos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or discriminatory
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
5. Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on DIFFЯNT. Buyers can leave feedback, including a one to five-star rating and written text. On the rare occasion you receive an unfavourable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a delivery carrier, DIFFЯNT or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
6. Providing Great Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling on DIFFЯNT, you agree to:
- Honour your dispatch and processing times. Sellers are obligated to dispatch an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- Respond to customers in a timely manner.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, DIFFЯNT can help through.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers.
7. Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via the communication channel agreed between you and the buyer. If the buyer already submitted payment within the two-grace period, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was dispatched to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on DIFFЯNT.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from your listing description or your photos. The following are examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different colour, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not as Described cases can also be filed for late delivery.
In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not dispatch the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon in Conversations.