1. Accepting These Terms
The Terms are a legally binding contract between you and DIFFЯNT.
This contract sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use Diffrnt.co.uk. By using any of our Services (even just browsing one of our websites), you’re agreeing to the Terms. If you don’t agree with the Terms, you may not use our Services.
2. Buyer and Seller Rules
Our services connect people around the world, both online and offline, to make, sell, and buy unique goods. Here’s a handy guide to help you understand the specific rules that are relevant for you, depending on how you use the services:
Seller Policy. If you list any items for sale through our Services, these policies apply to you.
Buyer Policy. If you use our Services to browse or shop, these policies apply to you.
All of these policies are a part of our Terms, so be sure to read the ones that are relevant for you and the rest of this page.
3. Your Privacy
4. Your Account with DIFFЯNT
You’ll need to create an account with DIFFЯNT to use some of our Services. Here are a few rules about accounts with DIFFЯNT:
- You must be 18 years or older to use our Services.
- Be honest with us.Provide accurate information about yourself. It’s prohibited to use false information or impersonate another person or company through your account.
- Choose an appropriate name.If you decide to not have your full name serve as the name associated with your account, you may not use language that is offensive, vulgaror infringes someone’s intellectual property rights.
- You're responsible for your account.You’re solely responsible for any activity on your account. If you’re sharing an account with other people, then the person whose financial information is on the account will ultimately be responsible for all activity. If you’re registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to agree to the Terms on behalf of the business. Also, your accounts are not transferable.
- Protect your password.As we mentioned above, you’re solely responsible for any activity on your account, so it’s important to keep your account password secure.
5. Your Content
Content that you post using our Services is your content. We don’t make any claim to it, which includes anything you post using our Services (like shop names, profile pictures, listing photos, listing descriptions, reviews, comments, videos, usernames, etc.).
- Responsibility for Your Content.You understand that you are solely responsible for Your Content. You represent that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it.
- Permission to Use Your Content.By posting Your Content through our Services, you grant DIFFЯNT a license to use it. We don’t claim any ownership to Your Content, but we have your permission to use it to help DIFFЯNT function and grow. That way, we won’t infringe any rights you have in Your Content and we can help promote your art.
- Reporting Unauthorised Content.We have great respect for intellectual property rights, and is committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Services. If Your Content is alleged to infringe another person’s intellectual property, we will contact you to remove or change Your Content.
- Inappropriate, False, or Misleading Content. There are certain types of content we don’t want posted on DIFFЯNT’s Services (for legal reasons or otherwise). You agree that you will not post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, or otherwise or offensive.
- Your Use of Our Services
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to use our Services - subject to the Terms and the following restrictions in particular:
- Don’t Use Our Services to Break the Law.
- Pay Your Bills.You are responsible for paying all fees that you owe toDIFFЯNT. Except as set forth below, you are also solely responsible for collecting and/or paying any applicable taxes for any purchases or sales you make through our Services.
- Don’t Steal Our Stuff.You agree not to crawl, scrape, or spider any page of the Services or to reverse engineer or attempt to obtain the source code of the Services.
- Don’t Try to Harm Our Systems.You agree not to interfere with or try to disrupt our Services, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code.
- Share Your Ideas.We love your suggestions and ideas! They can help us improve your experience and our Services.
Termination By You. We'd hate to see you go, but you may terminate your account with DIFFЯNT at any time from your account settings.
Termination By DIFFЯNT. We may terminate or suspend your account (and any related accounts) and your access to the Services at any time and for any reason.
7. Warranties and Limitation of Liability (or the Things You Can’t Sue Us For)
Items You Purchase. We provide the venue; the items in our marketplaces are produced, listed, and sold directly by independent sellers. We will work with sellers in any legal cases.
Content You Access. DIFFЯNT is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of content posted by users that you accessed through the Services. You release us from all liability relating to that content.
Gift Cards and Promotions. You acknowledge that DIFFЯNT does not make any warranties with respect to your Gift Card balance and is not responsible for any unauthorised access to, or alteration, theft, or destruction of a Gift Card or Gift Card code that results from any action by you or a third party. You also acknowledge that we may suspend or prohibit use of your Gift Card if your Gift Card or Gift Card code has been reported lost or stolen, or if we believe your Gift Card balance is being used suspiciously, fraudulently, or in an otherwise unauthorised manner. If your Gift Card code stops working, your only remedy is for us to issue you a replacement Gift Card code. By participating in a special offer or promotion, you agree that you may not later claim that the rules of that special offer or promotion were ambiguous.
8. Disputes with DIFFЯNT
If you’re upset with us, let us know, and hopefully we can resolve your issue. But if we can’t, then these rules will govern any legal dispute involving our Services:
- Governing Law.The Terms are governed by the laws of the City of London.
- Arbitration.You and DIFFЯNT agree that any dispute or claim arising from or relating to the Terms shall be finally settled by final and binding arbitration.
9. Changes to the Terms
We may update these Terms from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll definitely let you know by posting the changes through the Services and/or sending you an email or message about the changes. That way you can decide whether you want to continue using the Services. Changes will be effective upon the posting of the changes unless otherwise specified.
10. Some Finer Legal Points
The Terms, including all of the policies that make up the Terms, supersede any other agreement between you and DIFFЯNT regarding the Services. Our failure to enforce any part of the Terms is not a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of the Terms.
11. Contact Information
If you have any questions about the Terms, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.